Our Beliefs & Values
CEF holds these beliefs above all others, and members must either subscribe to them personally or support them in the meeting:
- God is sovereign over all.
- Jesus is the one, true living Son of God, equal with the Father in every way.
- The Holy Spirit is a third manifestation of the Divine, providing comfort, strength, gifts and power to believers.
- We are sinners in need of a Savior. Christ is that Savior. There is none other.
- The Bible is the living, inspired Word of God, given to us for authority, learning and guidance.
At CEF, we believe that an authentic attempt to live out these beliefs results in the manifestation of these values, referred to in Galatians 5:22-23 (NLT) as the "fruits of the Spirit":"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives:
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
There is no law against these things!"